Top Professional Women to Provide Insights for Women Taking Ownership of Their Financial Power
NEW YORK, NY–LearnVest, (www.LearnVest.com) an award-winning personal finance website for women, today announced the launch of the LearnVest Expert Corner, a new online community to help women learn, earn, invest, save and spend well. The LearnVest Expert Corner will feature a number of dynamic professionals with varied backgrounds including:
- Alexa von Tobel, LearnVest Founder and CEO, who will serve as the Smart Savings Expert.
- Linda Heasley, President and CEO of The Limited, who will serve as the Fashion Expert.
- Deborah Goldstein, Founder of event planning and education company Table Matters, who will write about dining and entertaining on a LearnVest budget.
- Dr. Mary Gresham, an Atlanta-based clinical psychologist, who will serve as the resident Psychology of Money Expert.
- Ann Kaplan, Chair of Circle Financial Group and one of the first women to be named a General Partner at Goldman, Sachs & Co., who will serve as LearnVest’s Money Management Expert.
- Lauren Lyons Cole, a world traveler and LearnVest’s Certified Financial Planner in Residence and world traveler, who will serve as LearnVest’s Travel Expert.
- Alison Rogers, a prominent real estate agent and author of Diary of a Real Estate Rookie, who will serve as LearnVest’s Real Estate Expert.
- Manisha Thakor, a personal finance expert and author of On My Own Two Feet and Get Financially Naked, who will serve as LearnVest’s Investing Expert.
- - Farnoosh Torabi, a personal finance journalist, TV personality, and author of You’re So Money, who will serve as LearnVest’s Money Etiquette Expert.
- Ellen Reeves, author of Can I Wear My Nose Ring to the Interview?, who will serve as LearnVest’s Career Expert.
- Jennifer Benz, Chief Strategist and Founder of Benz Communications, who will serve as LearnVest’s Employee Benefits Expert.
- Guest experts will include woman-owned hedge fund Metropolitan Capital Advisors CEO and Co-Founder Karen Finerman and Managing Director Silda Wall Spitzer, who will write about the markets, Wall Street and taking ownership of your finances at any age.
LearnVest Experts share the like-minded mission of educating women of all ages and life stages on how to get their financial life in order. Renting an apartment? Turn to Alison Rogers. Stuck in a financial etiquette bind? Turn to Farnoosh Torabi. These ongoing contributors to the LearnVest Expert Corner will address questions many of us have – and some we should, but might not know to ask. In addition, LearnVest Experts look forward to leading conversations with LearnVest’s growing community.
“Finance is the final frontier—we talk freely about relationships and dieting, but money is still taboo,” says Alexa von Tobel, LearnVest Founder and CEO. “We are so excited to bring together this impressive group of women to help other women start a dialogue around their money and the power and choices it brings. It’s something we need to talk about, and these remarkable experts are giving us the support and knowledge to get started.”
LearnVest is the leading personal finance website for women. Since its debut as a TechCrunch50 Company in September 2009, LearnVest has helped over half a million women gain control of their finances. Through LearnVest.com, LearnVest provides trusted content, tools, and community to help women tackle their finances at each stage of life. These tools include Financial Checklists, a customized Action Plan, a Budgeting Tool, Financial Bootcamps, and carefully vetted recommendations to help users find the financial accounts they need. LearnVest educates subscribers via the “LearnVest Daily,” a bite-size email guide of hip lifestyle tips for living on a budget. In April 2010, LearnVest closed a Series A round of funding for $4.5 million, led by Accel Partners. LearnVest’s Board of Advisors includes Lee Barba (Former CEO, Investools/thinkorswim), Ann Kaplan (Former Partner, Goldman Sachs), Catherine Levene (Former CEO, DailyCandy), and Betsy Morgan (Former CEO, The Huffington Post). For more information about LearnVest, please visit www.learnvest.com.