Since the beginning of the housing boom, books explaining the mortgage process have grown rapidly, but most of the advice and information in those books no longer applies. The rules have changed. In the current credit environment (and for years to come), prospective home buyers need a book that explains the new reality in terms that anyone can understand. The New Rules for Mortgages is that book.
If you are looking for a resource, The New Rules for Mortgages (ISBN: 9781592579488, Alpha Books, September 2009, $14.95) author Dale Robyn Siegel can comment on current mortgage issues, including:
- FICO scores: Understanding the all-important FICO score, and finding easy fixes for improving yours
- New credit guidelines: Explaining the new credit guidelines that apply to mortgages
- Overcoming obstacles: Shedding light on issues that can arise, including appraisals, titlesearches, and home inspections
- The right down payment: How big your down payment should be – and how much cash you should keep “in reserve”
- New mortgage types: Figuring out what type of mortgage is right for you – and what risks are too big to shoulder
- Refinancing how-to: Knowing when it’s time to refinance – and making sure your savings outweigh the effort and expense
About Dale Robyn Siegel
Author Dale Robyn Siegel, an attorney and real estate and finance expert, explains the new rules of home buying in an easily readable format that makes sense to beginners while still serving as a handy reference for experienced buyers. Using real-world examples, it covers the home buying and financing process in every situation, providing tips and exposing secrets that enable readers to improve their current or future position in the housing market.